Speaking of Bill...

Yes, speaking of me, a wonderful idea. Be warned though that this is not for the faint of heart. I will be bitching about my daily struggles with no talent ass clowns, the insufficient number of hours in a day and my neverending search for good food. Still here? Excellent. Read on and join in.

Friday, September 30, 2005

search for the man-cardigan...

when i reached for the snooze button (or "dream bar" on my alarm clock) this morning, i heard that the outside temperature was in the upper 30's! not pleasant. never mind that tomorrow is supposed to hover in the 80's once again, the point is it was cold. too cold. i make it out the door on time and i'm glad to have a black jacket on because i can see my breath as i walk to the train.

the weather is the weather. what can i do?

what pisses me off is that once i get to work. i find myself colder in the office than i do outside. the A/C must be on and set to "You're screwed." as i type, i notice my nail beds are purplish-blue. people keep changing around the little thermostat, but i can never tell a difference. i think it's just put there for show - like the walk signal button at stop lights.

the office is the office. what can i do?

i'm walking around cubicle world and i notice some of the dainty girls are not shivering like i am and seem rather content. how can this be? then i notice a theme. all of them appear to be wearing jackets, cardigans and whatnot. and so this weekend i have resolved to get myself a "manly" cardigan so i have a chance of surviving the winter. they make man-bags and man-purses. why not a man-cardigan? depending on how things go and what the selections are like, i'll either be freezing on monday or shooting myself after seeing how wrong i look in the mirror. wish me luck.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:10 PM, Blogger Black Licorice said…

    My boss offered to buy me a space heater yesterday as long as I promised not to accidentally set fire to the office. He never said anything about intentionally.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home