Speaking of Bill...

Yes, speaking of me, a wonderful idea. Be warned though that this is not for the faint of heart. I will be bitching about my daily struggles with no talent ass clowns, the insufficient number of hours in a day and my neverending search for good food. Still here? Excellent. Read on and join in.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

what exactly does this say about me?

throughout any given day, i find myself constantly making inferences about how people would act in other situations based on their current actions. confused? let me give you an example. i've developed a theory that people in the city walk like they drive. so that person who weaves manically through the crowd, throwing elbows like they like they're triple jointed, only to wind up at the same red light as me - i can only imagine that same person is the bastard in the bright tomato colored saturn cutting me off only to get nowhere.

really, in a given day, i don't know how many times i think about stuff like this. what made me reflect on this was the prospect of seeing a movie alone (for the record, i'm considering seeing 'v for vendetta' and my normal stupid action movie posse is defunct this weekend). prima facie, i don't think it's wrong in any way and i know people like pasha do it all of the time. in fact, when i think it through, the whole concept of seeing a movie with a group of people who you can't talk to till it's over is a little silly after all.

but for some reason, i can't shake the feeling like people would be judging me...and even if they were, i shouldn't care right? if not the judging, there seems to be something else i can't put my finger on. it could be routine. i have just never gone alone and breaking my "norm" takes a bit more effort.

so what does this say about me? insecure and self-conscious come to mind but i'd like to think i'm better than that. then again, if i go to the movie simply to prove a point to absolutely nobody, isn't that just petty?

damn, all of this over-thinking has made me hungry...next on my list of things to ponder...soda or no soda...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home